I just want to emphasize, this is NOT a difficult dungeon. In fact, many might find this dungeon rather boring instead after a while. If you feel like there isn’t enough details on attacks or mechanics, it’s simply because they are quite straightforward — which is why there are no diagrams. If you run it once and/or saw all mechanics, you will know what to do.
Item Level: 417 (Normal Mode), 423 (Hard Mode)
- Misery (Mid-Tier Gear) Weapon Box
- Misery (Mid-Tier Gear) Footwear
- Simple Brooch Box / Simple Cleansing Brooch / Focused Circlet
- Lakan’s Banner (VM9 Mat)
- Follower’s Supply Crate
First Boss – Kavador
I personally hate this roly poly. This boss, commonly nicknamed as Sonic the Argonhog, has some annoying mechanics. You can learn this guy’s basic attack patterns from Argonea somewhere, but if you’ve experienced Dreadspire 7th floor or Halvaroggh in Labyrinth of Terror, you should be familiar with this guy already.
The only things to watch out for are stuns and dodging rolls.
Right/Left scratch- Attacks the person with aggro. Nothing special.
Fury Swipes- 6 hit attack. Alternates right and left 6 times.
Clap- His eyes will flash red, signalling this attack. This attack will inflict stun, so it must be iframed.
- It cannot be blocked.
- Inflicts Stun
His eyes will flash red, curl up and spins like sonic. This attack tends to move through tanks at the end (just like Arachandlebra in Lilith’s Keep) despite holding block up, but sometimes it won’t.
He will jump backward, then leap forward to stun anyone who gets hit. This must be iframed. If someone is stunned, the boss will face that person to attack with fury swipes. This is exact same pattern as Atrocitas’ leap attack.
- In Normal mode, the stun can be cleansed
- In Hard mode, the stun CANNOT be cleansed.
- Quite deadly, but can survive through it with healer’s proper support.
- Normal mode, they can hurt a bit
- Hard mode, they can be lethal.
Bad Breath- He will sideswipe to turn to a random target. Then he will lock onto the person with secondary aggro to spit out a large cone shaped AoE.
- Hurts a lot in Hard mode
Fart- You will notice purple gas building up around him. He will fart in a straight line behind as soon as his wings flap a bit.
Second Boss – Prokyon
Golem type BAM or another Kezzle reskin. You’ve pretty much experienced this type of BAM quite often, especially if you’ve played Akeron’s Inferno/Bathysmal Rise.
This boss does feel like a boss compared to the previous one. I strongly advise that everyone must pay attention to the placement of the rock piles.
Right foot, Left Foot – He will stomp right foot then left foot toward the person with aggro.
Right swing, Left Swing – He will swipe with his right arm then left arm toward the person with aggro.
Side Swing – He will look on his right or left side and throw rocks almost immediately as he swings his right or left arm depending on the direction of which side he looked over. Simply iframe it.
Back Swing – He will look behind over his right or left shoulder and throw rocks behind him as he swings his right or left arm depending on the direction of which shoulder he looked over. Simply iframe it.
- TIP: Make sure this attack DOES NOT hit the rock pile.
– He will randomly target one person and continuously aim at that person until it fires a laser. The laser will also leave a trail, inflicting damage if stepped on.
- TIP: Be careful NOT to aim where the rock pile (see Key mechanics) is.
“This power is overwhelming!” (Hard Mode Only)
– With this quote, he will whip one of the targets on the map. Hitting rock pile with this attack will cause it to detonate so be careful where you are making him aim.
Key Mechanic – Hide and Seek
– At certain point of combat, he will jump up then land with a huge pile of rocks. When he lands, you will receive moderate damage and get pushed back. PLEASE DO NOT BREAK THE ROCK PILE. If you do not have at least 1 of these, your raid is doomed for wipe mechanic. Try to move away from the rock pile as you fight the boss. The recommended positioning is to form a line in a order of tank – boss – party – rock pile. The tank can choose to circle around the map as the boss places rocks on the map.
- In Normal Mode, the boss will only break the rock if he uses Hammer (See Special Attacks) on it.
- In Hard Mode, any attack can potentially destroy it, so moving away from the debris is a must so that everyone can safely DPS without damaging the debris.
“You’re no fun anymore.”
– same as Debris mechanic where he jumps up to place down a pile of rocks. However, you will notice that he will target a random person indicated by secondary aggro. He will jump toward this person instead of landing in place.
- Inflicts 80k damage
“Begone! And never come back!”
- TL;DR : Run to blue zone
Final Boss – Veldeg
This guy looks quite new for a reskin. He’s very similar to gorilla BAMs like Ardentmaw from Ravenous Gorge. He still does share similar basic patterns as other gorilla BAMs, but it doesn’t matter that much. Don’t worry though, I’m not saying in any way that he is a difficult boss, but the mechanic can be frustrating depending on the player(s).
Normal mode isn’t too bad– you might get push back, get wrecked in the face out of nowhere etc, but they’re all pretty much relatively forgiving. However, in hard mode you need to really pay attention to your surroundings so that you do not position yourself to a disadvantage. Your combat zone will be limited and it may put quite a bit of stress on healer if they or other party members are not experienced enough with the game. Don’t worry though, practice is all you really need (quoting “git gud scrubs”).
Left Axe – Strikes with his left arm once.
Right Hammer and Single Slam – Strikes with his right arm once, then gathers both arms to slam once.
Right Hammer and Left Swipe – Strikes with his right arm once and briefly pauses before he delivers a full swing with his left hand.
Left Axe and Double Slam – Chops the person with aggro with his axe and slams twice with both arms. The second slam has a bit of range, so people at the back may get hit by this attack.
Right back swing – A full swing that will knock you back. Simply iframe.
Spin2Win – He spin on his right hand while having his left hand out for a spinning attack. This attack is the circle – donut AoE attack, which you must move in or out to avoid it. This is the similar mechanic as Lachelith’s in-out mechanic.
- Cannot Block
- Hard Mode: Inflicts Bleed debuff
Kamehameha – He will select a random target. As the name implies, he charges up for an attack that will blow away anyone within the straight line in front of him. It pushes you back, so try not to make him aim this attack toward the destroyed pylons which has a puddle.
- Cannot Block
Sonic spin – He looks over his shoulder similar to how he’d initiate his backswing, but instead he will curl a bit and jump for a sonic spin like the first boss. This is deadly for people at the back, not so much for the person in front (hopefully this is a tank).
- Hard Mode: Inflicts Bleed debuff
“Fall before me!” – With this quote, he will select one random target which he will focus on until he delivers a large cone AoE toward the target, then his behind.
- Cannot Block
- Moderate damage.
- In Hard Mode, this will also inflict Stun on top of 100k damage.
Key Mechanic – Cancer v2.0
In Hard Mode, the puddles are much larger, and it inflicts 200k damage.
Also, in Hard mode, there is an achievement for defeating Veldeg after breaking all pylons before the boss HP falls below 50%.
He will move to center and say this quote. Then he will aim at one of the pylons to destroy it. There’s no way to stop him from doing this. Don’t chase after him as he will return to the person with aggro.
- In Normal mode: This attack also tends to follow up with Spin 2 Win attack quite often, so if you do happen to get knocked airborne, it can be very deadly combo.
- In Hard mode: He will immediately follow up with a body slam which will push you back. If you happen to land on the puddle made by destroyed pylon, you are good as dead. The timing to avoid this is to iframe a bit after he jumps. Also, if someone did not die from getting knocked airborne, the boss will randomly target anyone who was airborne to spit at that person to make sure his target is dead.
“Beware…” Dispel phase (Hard Mode only)
According to the reports from the forums, the damage varies by which buff was dispelled. Although this heavily varies by gear, the least(?) observed damages under normal conditions are shown below.
|First Buff||Second Buff||Damage received|
|Dispelled Twice||Yes||Yes||50k+ damage|
|Dispelled Once||Yes||No||100k+ Damage|
|Dispelled Once||No||Yes||180k+ Damage|
|Dispelled None||No||No||280k+ Damage|